Marriage and Family Therapist
Couples, Individuals and Adolescent Males
Dr. Clardy is marriage and family therapist specializing in marital, pre-marital, and individual therapy.
Dr. Clardy is committed to using a whole person approach, which integrates psychology and faith for individual and couple healing and wholeness.
With couples who are facing marital conflict and relationship issues he uses their attachment experiences to allow them to makes sense of their arguments and their emotional hurts. Using Dr. Susan Johnson’s Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and/or Dr. Sharon May’s Safe Haven Relationship integration of EFT, Dr. Clardy enables the couple to develop close, safe and secure emotional bonds.
Dr. Clardy makes use of relational and intersubjective psychotherapy, which is insight-oriented, in a safe environment that allows one to explore their emotional world and to deal with their unique, personal life challenges and struggles. With care, compassion and understanding, the individual or couple will be in an environment that provides the opportunity to build on their strengths to attain the personal growth they need to reconcile the unresolved personal, relational, work, or spiritual problems they are facing.
- B.S. in Chemistry and Biochemistry, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA
- M.S. in Biological Physics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Ph.D. and Psy.D. in Psychology, American Behavioral Studies Institute, Santa Ana, CA
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, California, LMFT 78390
- Externship in Emotional Focused Therapy, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
- CAMFT Member (California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists)
- ICEET Lifetime Member (International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy)
If you desire marriage and family therapy with Dr. Darrell Clardy, please complete this intake form.